Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Basic Photo Editing in Photoshop

     Photoshop: It has many tools, but not a lot of people know what they are or how to use them.  In this lesson, I had to view tutorial videos and follow them closely to learn how to use the Content Aware Fill, Patch Tool, Clone Stamp Tool, Healing Brush Tool, and the Spot Healing Brush.  It took awhile to complete, but here are the final products and what I have learned from this lesson.

Content Aware Fill

      There were four images that I practiced using the Content Aware Fill on.  Pretty much the same steps were followed on each.  I learned that you use the Content Aware Fill for covering up small blemishes in photos that you do not want.  You could use this tool to get rid of unwanted titles of book in a photo, or to get rid of chips in the wall in the background of a photo.



Patch Tool

      When learning to use the Patch Tool, the image I was working on was a picture of a father and his daughter.  The father had an undesired logo on his shirt that he wanted to be removed.  In order to do that, I used the patch tool.  I used the Patch Tool to sample a piece of his shirt to replace the unwanted logo.  You could use this tool to get rid of unwanted items in the background of a photo.




Clone Stamp Tool

      The picture I used to practice was of a girl modeling a coat.  The coat had some tags on it that needed to be removed.  I used the Clone Stamp Tool to copy sections of the coat and paint them over the tags.  It took some time to get used to because it kept copying unwanted areas, but once I got the hang of it, it was relatively easy to cover up the tags.  This could be used for covering transparent areas in the background of a photo.



Healing Brush Tool

      For the Healing Brush Tool, I used the same image as I used for the Clone Stamp Tool.  I had covered up the tags in the image with the Clone Stamp Tool, but I still needed to add texture to the area.  I used the Healing Brush Tool to copy the texture of the coat and add it to the edited area.  You could use this to add texture to a sweater to make it look fuzzier than it actually is.



Spot Healing Brush

      The photo I used to try this tool out was of a young boy.  He had been plying outside all day and had mud speckled across his face.  I learned that you use the Spot Healing Brush for getting rid of blemishes.  I used this brush to get rid of the mud speckles, making the areas affected by the mud look like the clean parts of the boy's face.  You could use this tool to get rid of acne as well.


Portrait Collage

      In this part of the project, I used three separate photos.  They were all of the same woman in different poses.  My task for the last part of this project was to create a collage of the three pictures using the skills I had learned from using all of these tools.  I think the project went relatively well, though I did have some problems extending the sky in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter Final Blog Post

My Takeaways       Throughout my time in e-Comm, I have learned so much that I wouldn't have learned had I not been a part of e-Comm....